Since August 18, an anonymous leaker going by the name Cyberleek has released a series of Grand Theft Auto 6 gameplay clips, showing protagonist Jason (also referred to as Jason Duval) driving through Vice City, robbing gas stations and convenience stores, fleeing police, and crashing vehicles. The footage has also revealed gameplay systems such as a six-star wanted level, refueling and vehicle repair costs at gas pumps, a stamina meter that affects carjacking drivers who resist, highway traffic cameras that can flag stolen cars, and a Lojack-style tracker that alerts police if a stolen vehicle stays parked too long. By the seventh and eighth clips, footage began showing the inside of one of the game's strip clubs, including a bathroom cutscene and a pool minigame, according to Kotaku.

Cyberleek has tied the leaks to a cryptocurrency scheme, urging viewers to buy a $Cyberleek token and promising additional footage, including strip club gameplay, if the coin's market cap reaches certain thresholds. The leaker has also reportedly begun charging around $165,000 for an initial meeting with anyone wanting to advertise within the leaks, according to GamesRadar+ and Kotaku, with a Cyberleek-affiliated website stating that gambling and adult content ads are allowed but scams are not.

In response, Take-Two Interactive, Rockstar's parent company, filed for and was granted subpoenas targeting Microsoft and Discord on August 21, seeking data that could help identify who is behind the leaks. Both companies have until September 4 to hand over relevant account information, according to Eurogamer. Xbox chief technology officer Scott Van Vliet said on social media that the company is "working closely with Take-Two and Rockstar Games to support efforts to protect creative works and intellectual property." Bloomberg reported that Rockstar developers are frustrated by the leaks, noting that staff had been required to return to the office as a security measure following the 2024 leaks, only for the game to leak again.

On the morning of August 22, a website associated with Cyberleek went offline, and its Telegram channel began displaying a message saying it was "unavailable due to copyright infringement," according to Polygon and Eurogamer. It remains unclear whether this takedown was directly tied to Take-Two's subpoenas or a separate copyright enforcement action, and there has also been confusion among Reddit users over whether the Telegram channel was ever officially run by Cyberleek or was the work of impersonators reposting genuine leaks. Despite the outage, new footage continued to surface; a seventh clip appeared shortly after the site went dark, and an eighth clip followed later the same day, according to Eurogamer, Kotaku, and Polygon.

Alongside gameplay details, the leaks have also surfaced parts of the game's soundtrack, with fans compiling a list of songs identified in the footage, including tracks by Tate McRae, Coi Leray, French Montana and Swae Lee, SexyyRed, and others, according to Kotaku. Rockstar Games has not publicly commented on the leaks or the website takedown. Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick has said he is not concerned that the legal battle over the leaks will affect GTA 6 sales, and the game reportedly became a top seller on the PlayStation Store after preorders opened. GTA 6 remains scheduled for release on November 19, 2026, on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S, with a Netflix-exclusive "Extended Look" special planned for August 27.